Thanks to our U Channel Adapter, yes, you can use our composite fencing with your existing concrete posts.
We appreciate that digging out concrete posts and replacing them with all new is an expensive and non eco-friendly option for most. However, concrete posts have a minimum groove width of 50mm as they are designed to take full, framed wooden panels. We specially designed and developed a solution to this exact problem!
Our Universal U Channel Adapter will fit any concrete post. Simply screw in the channel using the provided fixings. Once fixed, you can just slide our composite boards in to the correct sized channel. The boards will be held firmly in position! The adapter is even compatible with our top and base rail kits so you can achieve the perfect, professional finish with minimal effort.
Maintaining your composite fencing is simple and is the main reason people choose to install this material in their homes and businesses. There is no need for painting or treating, instead, a simple clean with a mild detergent and soft brush periodically is all that is required to keep them looking like new!
Our composite fence boards are made of 90% recycled materials. The remaining 10% comprises stabilising additives that protect against UV fading amongst other things such as anti-fungus additives!
Whilst there will be a tiny percentage of fading, this will happen within the first year and is barely noticeable.
There are many reasons for choosing composite fence boards over traditional timber cladding, but the most popular reasons are as follows:
One of the great things about using our composite system is that you are not confined to the strict 6ft x 6ft fencing systems of old! You can divide the space that you have in to equal size sections (no more odd half panels) and cut the composite to size accordingly.
Composite can be cut with a regular chop saw or circular saw (or even a handsaw if you’re only doing a couple of pieces!) using a blade suitable for composite material. With the huge increase in popularity of this material, you will find ‘composite’ clearly marked on the suitable blades now.
If you need any assistance in working out the quantities you will require for your fencing project, just give us a call on 01282 677300 and our friendly team can help you.
When choosing what you need, you may need to work out how many composite boards per panel you will need.
The simplest way to calculate it is that you need 2 horizontal boards per foot…
6ft high panel = 12 boards
5ft high panel = 10 boards
4ft high panel = 8 boards
3ft high panel = 6 boards
If you are at all unsure, please give us a call on 01282 677300 as we are more than happy to help!